Parent’s devastating decision – forced to pull the plug on 13-year-old daughter after sleepover horror

Home » Parent’s heartbreaking decision: Forced to end relationship with 13-year-old daughter during nightmare sleepover
Parent’s heartbreaking choice: after daughter’s horrific sleepover, forced to end relationship with 13-year-old

After a horrific sleepover, devastated parents were forced to end their relationship with their 13-year-old daughter. They’ve now issued a warning to prevent similar tragedies from happening to others.

 

Esra competed in BMX bike races with her siblings and led her team to a national aerobics championship in Queensland. She was active and led a healthy lifestyle. However, all of that was snatched from her as a result of a poor choice she made on March 31 while staying over at a friend’s house.


Esra inhaled a toxic dose of aerosol deodorant while trying to join the viral trend, fell into cardiac arrest, and suffered irreversible brain damage.
Her parents felt terrible. They spoke on Ally Langdon’s show A Current Affair where they discussed the heartache and tragic results of breathing poisonous substances in an effort to stop such incidents from occurring to other impressionable young people.

Her mother Andrea told Langdon in the interview, “It was just the regular routine of going to hang out with her friends.” We always knew where she was and who she was with, her father Paul continued. There was nothing unusual about it.We regrettably received the call saying, “Come and get your daughter,” which is one of the calls no parent ever wants to have to make at that hour of the night.

Her pals were first unaware of how critical Esra’s situation was. They didn’t realize that one of their pals was passing away in front of them; they merely thought she was suffering a panic attack. She was in cardiac arrest, but Langdon pointed out that no one at the sleepover had ever heard of cardiac arrest. “After inhaling deodorant, her body was actually starting to shut down,” he said.

Esra’s mother came at her side as paramedics worked to revive her and informed her that her daughter had been chroming, a term the terrified mother had never before heard.

Esra was taken to the hospital and put on life support, but eight hours later the parents were informed that Esra’s brain injury was irreparable and they had to decide whether to turn off the life support or not.

Andrea and Paul called friends and family to bid them farewell, but they knew there was nothing they could do. “To such a young spirit, that was a very, very tough thing to do. So that we could lay with her, she was placed on a bed. We held her close until the last end.

Imogen, Seth, and Charlie, Esra’s siblings, have been devastated by the loss of their sister.

For everyone concerned, including her friends, it was just terrible, Paul added. It has been the most challenging and terrible time for any parent. We haven’t been sleeping, eating much, smiling, and otherwise acting like ourselves.But the community is also affected, not just us.

After Esra passed away, Andrea and Paul are making every effort to stop the insane viral fad that claimed the life of their daughter.
Speaking to 7 News, Paul said he wished he knew of chroming when Esra was still alive, so he could have warned her of the dangers: “If we were educated and the word had been put out there, we would have had the discussion around our kitchen table for sure.

“We need to ramp it up and let these kids find out the information first-hand, and not through friends, and not through social media–then they’re given the right advice off the bat.”

Esra is not the first person to become chromized. Over the years, a number of young people lost their lives from the consequences of it as it can easily lead to seizures, heart attack, suffocation, sudden sniffing death, coma, and organ failure.

“We’ve got the pictures in our mind which will never be erased, you know, of what we were confronted with,” Paul told Langdon. “Our insides were torn out.”

We are so very sorry for this family’s loss and we wish no parent ever experiences such heartbreak.

Please FACEBOOK SHARE this story with your loved ones.

Оцените статью
Добавить комментарии

;-) :| :x :twisted: :smile: :shock: :sad: :roll: :razz: :oops: :o :mrgreen: :lol: :idea: :grin: :evil: :cry: :cool: :arrow: :???: :?: :!: